SUMMARY OF POSITION
Gunfire Games is seeking an experienced 3D Animator who loves to work on games, a great eye for detail and is always striving to push their work to the highest possible level. You will be working closely with the tech team and designers in both Max and Unreal Engine to help us on Darksiders 3 and an unannounced title.
- Create animations that portray character personalities consistent with the style and vision as laid out by the Creative Director and/or Art Director
- Demonstrate a superior sense of posing, timing, and weight
- Continuously push the quality of the animations
- Help to identify and solve animation process and implementation issues
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- At least 3 years of experience as a 3D Animator, preferably working with games
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with custom character rigs
- Strong knowledge and experience of creating and implementing character animations
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with 3dsMax
- Understanding of the technical limitations of game engines and console platforms
- Willingness to accept and provide direction and work well under pressure
- Flexibility to cope with frequent iterations
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
- Skilled in animation scripting
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Cinematic knowledge
- Significant knowledge and experience of rigging
WORK TASK EXAMPLES
- Create high quality key-frame animations for player actions
- Transfer existing character animation onto a new character rig, edit, and polish to final quality.
- Partner with Sr. Animator to ensure all quality and implementation requirements are met
SKILLS WE LOOK FOR
- Experience working as an animator in the games industry
- Excellent understanding of the principles of animation such as weight and timing
- Excellent skills in 3D animation software, preferably 3dsMax
- Passionate about video games and animation
- Strong ability to deliver on time and to set realistic time estimates for own work
- Motivated & committed - good team player with a can-do attitude
- Knowledge of common practices and the understanding of industry trends
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gunfire Games LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.