SUMMARY OF POSITION
Gunfire Games is seeking a Visual Effects Artist for our upcoming titles. The VFX Artist will design, create and implement dynamic and dramatic in-game special effects (explosions, fire, smoke and other environmental effects, special abilities, weapon attacks, etc.) powered by Unreal 4. The ideal candidate has an understanding of the creation of stunning in-game visual effects and should exhibit creativity, technical and artistic skills. Required to be a self-starter, must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with artists, designers, programmers and audio staff to ensure that visual effects are of the high quality and enhance the overall game experience
- Use 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, and Unreal to create and implement special visual effects
- Utilize particle systems, shaders and mesh effects
- Creating a variety of particle effects and systems, from ambient environmental effects to Character Special abilities.
- At least 2+ years professional VFX experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Photoshop, and 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly without sacrificing quality
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3d game engines
- Understanding of VFX / PostFX integration and performance impacts
- Knowledge of other disciplines with 3D art, including modeling, lighting, and rendering
- Actively seek feedback to improve work while also providing guidance and feedback to peers
- Ability to adapt and cope with change as the production of the project demands
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gunfire Games LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.