SUMMARY OF POSITION
Gunfire Games is seeking a Systems Designer for our upcoming titles. The Systems Designer will be responsible for the game’s character progression from concept to implementation in Unreal 4. This includes everything from defining crafting elements, skill trees, and level tables. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, a firm grasp on the fundamentals of game design, and be familiar and comfortable with Excel tables and formulas. Responsibilities require a self-starter who is motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Iterate, polish and balance player progression and experience
- Design, develop, and maintain systems such as items, reward loops, crafting recipes, and more
- Data entry and management of game database assets
- Tuning and balance of game data
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of stat curves, player progression systems, and game play loops
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and formulas
- Ability to identify, break down, and define core mechanics
- Solid knowledge of scripting
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly without sacrificing quality
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3d game engines
- Extreme attention to detail
- Actively seek feedback to improve work while also providing guidance and feedback to peers
- Ability to adapt and cope with change as the production of the project demands
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
- Shipped a AAA Game
Apply to: email@example.com
Gunfire Games LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.