Senior Combat Designer
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Gunfire Games is seeking a Senior Combat Designer for our upcoming titles. The Senior Combat Designer will work with the design leadership to implement compelling combat from conceptualization to implementation utilizing Unreal 4. The ideal candidate has a strong technical understanding, a firm grasp on the fundamentals of animation and experience using state machines to hook up characters. Required to be a self-starter, must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with design leadership to design, implement and polish compelling combat experiences
- Iterate, polish and balance player combat
- Work within an established creative guideline to implement character behavior that fits the game's vision
- Create compelling and balanced combat worthy of top of class AAA game
- 4+ years of Game Design Experience, 2+ in Combat Designer role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Solid knowledge scripting
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly without sacrificing quality
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3d game engines
- Extreme attention to detail
- Deep knowledge of Modern Combat techniques
- Actively seek feedback to improve work while also providing guidance and feedback to peers
- Ability to adapt and cope with change as the production of the project demand
- Shipped a AAA Game
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
- Animation Experience
Apply to: email@example.com
Gunfire Games LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.