SUMMARY OF POSITION
Gunfire Games is looking for an Environment Artist to help us create incredible and breathtaking environments. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of texture creation, shape language, and world building. Required to be a self-starter, must be motivated and willing to work without a lot of supervision.
- Use commercial and proprietary software to create high-quality 3D art assets to fulfill the necessities of the project’s functional, art and technical specifications.
- Understand the requirements and constraints of game design, engine, and platform.
- Take direction in style and technique to match your work to the style of the project.
- Excellent communication skills—you can articulate your process and receive critical feedback.
- You can estimate your tasks with a high degree of accuracy and break down the steps to completion, delivering on time and at the highest quality
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Zbrush and 3D Studio Max
- Strong modeling and texturing skills
- Solid fundamental understanding of artistic principals
- Willingness to learn commercial and proprietary software
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to asset budgets and management
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
- Experience using Substance
- Physically Based Material experience