Contract Junior Character Artist
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Gunfire Games is looking for a junior character artist who's hungry and looking to break into the Game Industry. Your peers will inspire you and drive your work to new heights. Candidates must be able to create eye-popping 3D characters, monsters, heroes and other assorted creatures. The primary function of the Character Artist is to create incredible character and character related art assets. This is a 6 month contract position.
- Use commercial and proprietary software to create high quality 3D art assets to fulfill the necessities of the project’s functional, art and technical specifications.
- Understand the requirements and constraints of game design, engine and platform.
- Take direction in style and technique to match your work to style of the project.
- Excellent communication skills—you can articulate your process and receive critical feedback.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Zbrush and 3D Studio Max
- Strong modeling and texturing skills
- Solid fundamental understanding of artistic principals
- Willingness to learn commercial and proprietary software
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to asset budgets and management
- Expert understanding of Human and animal anatomy
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
- Experience using Substance
- Animation Experience
- Physically Based Material experience
Apply to: email@example.com
Gunfire Games LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.